Planning for a move, say, from Faridabad to Delhi might appear simple but making sure your belongings, especially your exquisite furniture remains safe until the destination could be a tricky job. Though you can book the packers and movers in Faridabad as soon as you finalize everything on your end, you still need to be very careful and smart with the techniques and tips followed throughout the packing and moving stages –no matter whether you handle them or the experts.
To make sure your most awaiting journey to your new home happens great and you receive all your precious possessions, particularly your furniture and fixtures collection intact, we thought to share some effective furniture packing and moving tips with you below.
So, stay on board and keep reading…
• Make an inventory of your furniture – You are concerned about the safety of your furniture during the move, so why not only move the necessary fixtures and not all that you own currently? Once you take care of that and de-clutter, you will have fewer items to add to your inventory and therefore the hassle too would be less. Your final list of inventory should only include furniture that is decent and can easily fit into your new home.
• Think of a plan as you take note – As soon as you go by every article of furniture at your place, you should reflect upon a plan of handling each one of those – whether it is the couch or the dining table. Yes, you will also have assistance from the moving professionals but at least if you can contemplate a plan and procedure for the complicated and bulky furniture at your place, managing them would be easier!
• Keep in mind the new floor blueprint – Most of the time, and the insensible thing we end up doing unknowingly is that we do not recall the dimension and space availability of the rooms and areas of our new home. We simply get everything packed, without even realizing the struggle we will get into while fixing that massive cabinet or arranging that big sofa set within our new home. This also results in significant wastage of money.
• Handle every fixture that you can – When it comes to preparing furniture for the move, it is always better to rely on professionals. Why? Simply because they are equipped with the right kind of tools and they know the ideal packing and moving techniques to perform the task efficiently. But still, if you want to manage a few of your precious pieces of furniture, make sure to start with the simpler and smaller ones like stool, bed-table, etc.
• Follow the ideal handing technique – If you are not careful enough, you might end up hurting yourself during the furniture handling process. Moreover, this mishandling can even led to damaging your valuable furniture. So, you need to perform the task mindfully so that everything happens smoothly. Just make sure you follow appropriate techniques and provide quality packing and enhanced cushioning to all the extra-sensitive objects so they reach your new home intact.
• Hire a babysitter for the time being – If you have children, you should make sure they are away from the packing zone. Furniture packing requires one to juggle a lot of things from one place to another, and all those bulky, oversized beds, sofa, cabinets, etc. that takes a lot of your open space might turn risky for your young ones especially if they are not aware of where they are heading to and what this can lead to. So, have someone from your family look after your kids while you or the professionals pack your furniture.
• Appoint moving experts on time – As mentioned multiple times in this article, you need guidance and proficient assistance from the packing experts especially if you have a significant amount of high-value fittings and fixtures. So, make sure you hire a reliable team of movers from a reputable moving company and pick up a deal that fits within your budget perfectly. Do not forget to review their furniture moving services because that is what you are concerned about the most.
• Inspect furniture handling process – While the professionals would make sure your packing happens perfectly and all your goods are wrapped and secured amply for surviving the transit duration, what you can do is simply look over the process when the experts pack your furniture. You can even share your concerns or special packing needs with them in case you are worried about your specialty fittings or fixtures, so they can incorporate all of that in their packing protocol.
• Recall few tips along the process – If you can follow some key tips while handling your furniture, you can be sure of receiving your furniture intact in your new home. At times, we do not realize but the goods handling tips, tricks, and techniques help our furniture survive the transit jerks and jolts efficiently. Some of the key tips you should bear in mind while packing include – sufficient cushioning and wrapping using quality packing materials. Delicate surfaces and corners of furniture should be safeguarded amply because these areas are the most sensitive and prone to damage.
• Prepare new home ahead of time – Now comes the time when your furniture, along with other goods will be delivered to your new home by the moving professionals. Before the moving truck gets unloaded and the massive packages comprising your furniture are taken down from it, you should keep the doorways free of any obstacle. Even the railings should be kept free of any stumbling block, even if there is any because some of your furniture might be moved to your place via your gallery. If you can manage, spread rugs or carpets over the doorway, hallway, and pavement, etc.
These were some of the crucial tips you can consider following if you are apprehensive about moving your high-value furniture to your new home. Remember, if you are caring about your goods and book the movers and packers in Faridabad on time, experiencing a safe and secure move is not unattainable!